Pages

Translate

Monday, November 18, 2013

Making it through Exams

Hi everyone,

So I know that many of you are going through exams right now and yes it is a stressful time but it doesn't have to be, but you will make it through it will be hard
but it is a great feeling once its done.

Exams are like a big test with all the years work down size into one small test and having to remember all of that can be hard.

So I have created a few tips that may be useful for someone of you when studying. Now I not saying that this is the right way to study because everyone has different ways of studying, but I thought it might take the stress off some people.

Tip 1: study in half to hour blocks. It is said that the mind can only concentrate for 45 minutes, and going on further just is pointless. So maybe study for half an hour then treat yourself to maybe half an hour on facebook or tumblr but make sure you commit it because it is easy to just not study. If you can't then maybe ask your mum and dad to hold your phone or ipad while you study then give it back to you while your on your break then so on.

Tip 2: write out a massive summary one of each of your subjects in to books. So what I did was I found spare note books in my room and for each one I wrote a summaries of my subjects into notes books, and had a note book on each subject so just incase you forget your books, you have your summary to look back on and study from. Plus it refreshes your mind on what you have learnt.

Tip 3: flip cards can be useful for remembering definitions and a good way to test yourself, I have found that to be useful in the past. I didn't really use them much this time round when studying but I wish I did.

Tip 4: don't force yourself to study, but still do some. But if you are the point where you are trying to focus but can't, then take a break and come back to it, but don't leave it too long because then your trying to putting it off.

So there are just some tips that maybe you guys might find useful, but as I said you don't have to take these into account because if you have a way the works then thats great. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post.

See you next time xx

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more with some of the tips and advice you have given here!

    Jess xxxx

    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree so much with tip number two, writing it all out is the best way for me to learn it! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, I really appreciated it :) I've just followed you on here, looking forward to reading more of your posts xo Kate

    www.letscapturethecastle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice! I think flip cards are often a great way to study, it's so useful!

    I'm talking about travelling and life, come have a look ;)
    journeyofalonelybird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tips are really great! I have trouble concentrating for a long time as well.. I get distracted really easily haha(: x

    ReplyDelete